Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Transportation

Hola otro vez!
I actually came from a very rural area growing up where there was basically no public transportation and then I moved to Lubbock, Texas where there is very little there as well. I had not really used alot of public transportation in the United States, so I had little preconceived notions when I came to Spain. For the most part, I get around by walking while I am in Spain. The bus systems are really convienant in Sevilla but are always very very crowded. Many people do drive vehicles (there are many more motorcycles and vespas driven here). Traffic is "hectic" I would say for the most part. There are many less traffic laws and you rarely ever see drivers pulled over by police. There are "rush hours" per say but there are at different times due to the siesta and different hours for the Spanish working day. On trips I have used planes, trains, automobiles, and public buses. There is no "second class" sort of transportation like it seems in the United States. As I have traveled around Spain and Europe I find the most convienant and enjoyable form of transportation is definitely taking the train. I wish it was more realistic to take one in the United States!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home